Ashland, The Henry Clay Estate–COVID-19 Response
At Ashland, the Henry Clay Estate, the safety and well-being of our staff, volunteers and guests is our highest priority. We have re-opened for public mansion tours and offer five tours a day, Tuesday-Saturday. Please see our Tours page under the Visit tab for more detailed information.
What Are We Doing?
- All full-time and part-time staff & volunteers have tested negative for COVID-19 and are re-tested regularly.
- Staff members are screened daily with temperature checks and a wellness survey.
- Staff will wear face masks in public areas and when conducting tours – even outdoor tours. Staff will not wear neck gaiters, bandannas, or face shields without masks.
- Staff will practice social distancing with each other and with visitors.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized even more than normal.
- Staff will wash their hands regularly and thoroughly throughout the day.
- Staff and volunteers will stay home if they are not feeling well, even if the symptoms are different from those associated with COVID-19.
What Can You Do?
- If you have been ill within the past 24 hours or you are not feeling well now, please do not stay on the Estate even if you are practicing social distancing. Please go home and take care of yourself.
- Wear a face mask when taking a tour, interacting with others, or entering restrooms or buildings. Please do not use neck gaiters, bandannas, or face shields without masks when on the tour or entering restrooms or buildings.
- Practice social distancing – even if someone has a really, really cute dog resist the temptation to break the 6-foot rule.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- If you haven’t done so already, pre-book your mansion tour for your immediate household.
If you are unable to visit us in person, there are still many other ways you can help us weather this uncertain time:
1. Become a member or purchase a membership as a gift (https://henryclay.org/membership/)
2. Purchase an e-gift card for future tours. Find that at the bottom of any page on our website
3. Create a Facebook Fundraiser (Henry Clay Memorial Foundation)
4. Share our posts with friends on Facebook
5. Book future events at Ashland
6. Purchase a professional photography pass
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If the opportunity for hand washing is not available, use hand sanitizers.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes. Hold a tissue over your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Throw that tissue away and, again, wash your hands.
- No handshakes or hugs, please.